Monday, October 22, 2007

Only 6 Months...28 Days....and 15 Hours Until the Sugarloaf Marathon....

but who is counting...right?

Oh yes...yes, yes, yes. I have decided to take on another marathon. Why? Well...I have self diagnosed myself with a mental disorder not yet named (not yet named because my mental disorder keeps me from thinking of a good name at the moment) , and I have decided that my ultimate goal is to run the Boston Marathon in 2009. So...this gives me something to train for, something to look forward to, and inspiration to keep in shape over the next 2.5 years. What this also gives me is insanity, knee pain, and less time. As I sit in my chair my knee is still swelling from the marathon I ran just 8 days earlier, yet I still feel the desire to do this again.

So whats the game plan? More running, added weight training; a new ab circuit, a stronger deodorant, speed training, and a lot of Ben Gay on ice.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Mandy. You ARE nuts. And through the holidays and winter?? I couldn't do it. Just thinking of running in the cold air makes me cringe. You. ARE. Nuts. BUT...... I suppose that's why I love you.